Home School Link Worker
"The pastoral care of pupils is a high priority for the school. A home-school link worker is very effective in the support she provides pupils who have identified with particular needs"
- Section 48 Inspection 3rd/4th December 2021
"Pupils know who to report concerns to. A worry room provides a space where pupils can share any concerns"
- Ofsted, 10th/11th May 2023
My name is Louise Kenny, and I am the DSL, Home School Link Worker and trained ELSA,
here at St. John's Catholic Primary School.
My role is tailored to suit your family's needs, and my priority will always be the safeguarding and the well-being of your child. In the first instance, I am always ready to listen.
If you feel I can offer you or your child support, please don't hesitate to contact me.
You can expect a confidential service regarding personal issues.
Where relevant, I will seek your permission to share information with other staff in school. Should a safeguarding issue be identified, we are legally bound to follow government guidelines.
I can offer help to both you and pastoral support to your child. My role includes:
- Enable parents and children to discuss concerns or worries in a safe and secure environment
- Help families and children to access services, resources and local community information
- Promote positive behaviour
- Support parents and children to improve attendance and punctuality
- Improve communication and promote positive links between families and schools
- To provide support and signposting for parents who may experience difficulties at home
- To provide 1:1 support for children who have problems with the expression of emotions
- To provide 1:1 support for children who have suffered bereavement
- To provide 1:1 support for children who experience difficulties at home
- To provide group support for children who struggle in social situations