Home School Links
"The pastoral care of pupils is a high priority for the school. A home-school link worker is very effective in the support she provides pupils who have identified with particular needs"
- Section 48 Inspection 3rd/4th December 2021
"Pupils know who to report concerns to. A worry room provides a space where pupils can share any concerns"
- Ofsted, 10th/11th May 2023
At St. John's, you can expect a confidential service regarding personal issues. Where relevant, we will seek your permission to share information with other staff in school. Should a safeguarding issue be identified, we are legally bound to follow government guidelines.
We can offer support to both you and your child:
- Enable parents and children to discuss concerns or worries in a safe and secure environment
- Help families and children to access services, resources and local community information
- Promote positive behaviour
- Support parents and children to improve attendance and punctuality
- Improve communication and promote positive links between families and schools
- To provide support and signposting for parents who may experience difficulties at home
- To provide 1:1 support for children who have problems with the expression of emotions
- To provide 1:1 support for children who have suffered bereavement
- To provide 1:1 support for children who experience difficulties at home
- To provide group support for children who struggle in social situations